Bambling On and On and On...

23 July, 2012

Best Friends

I've mentioned it before -- Claire doesn't like it when Casey and I hug or show affection towards one another. Last night, we finally figured out why.

Casey was at the computer and I was standing up stretching and moving. Basically not sitting still. Hmmm.. gee. I guess I now know where Claire gets it from. Anyway, at one point I go to sit on hubby's lap. We're hugging. Claire comes in and immediately digs her hand into my back, trying very hard to push me up. Once again we explain that we love each other and we're hugging and she disagrees with every statement we throw at her. We asked her if she wanted a hug. No! Do you want to sit on mommy's lap? No! She leaves the room.

Several minutes later she comes back in and is furious that I haven't moved. Now the piece leading up into this next bit is foggy in my mind (hubby, care to comment?), but I do remember Claire saying that daddy isn't my best friend. "No? Then who is my best friend?" Claire responds "ME!!!" Ahhh.. OK. The lightbulbs just went off. Now we know why she doesn't like it when mommy and daddy show affection, because that is only reserved for best friends, which apparently is just me and Claire. Now to figure out how to work this through.

The really unfortunately part about all of this is that I never had my night time "me" time because Claire would only allow her best friend to bath her and play with her. Luckily daddy was able to read her stories and put her to bed, but I think that's because Claire saw me passing out in my own bed. In case you're unaware of how important "me" time really is -- I'm an early bird. By 6-7p I start to turn cranky. By 8p my crankiness levels have start to rise exponentially. Since I fall asleep so early I like to have some wind-down time, that doesn't always include going to the gym, in order to get myself reset for the next day. So yeah, nighttime-me-time is definitely key.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home