Bambling On and On and On...

29 July, 2010

Sheep and Turtles

My greatest pleasure about being a stay-at-home mom is watching my daughters development. Physically, we know that she can handle about anything you throw at her. Her dare-devil personality also keeps us on our toes because she has absolutely no fear. The verbal skills... well, it's been slow going, but recently she's been trying to talk more and it's adorable.

Yesterday we were outside singing songs. At one point she looks at me and says: "Baa. Eep." I ask her "Do you want to sing 'Baa Baa Black Sheep'?" and she responds "YEAH!!!". My heart melted. That was the first time she asked to sing a specific song. I'm still tearing up when I think about it.

Later that evening we're watching a little 'Wonder Pets' after dinner. As the characters were swimming under water, a huge sea turtle swims by. Claire waves and says "Bye urdle." OK. Now I'm about to burst with joy. And it was at the moment that I realized I needed to start writing down more of these moments so I don't forget and can relate them to her later on. Hopefully, I'll be back here blogging more in order to keep my promise to me and her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home