Bambling On and On and On...

22 June, 2012

Dance for Me.. DANCE!!

The one bit about kids that I absolutely love.. and I mean LOVE.. is that no matter how fussy they may be, as soon as you start to sing a movement song (ex: Itsy Bitsy Spider) they suddenly join in either willingly or against their will. It cracks me up every time.

The other day Claire was zoning out on tv and so I started to sing 'Itsy Bitsy Spider' and without missing a beat her little hands began to crawl like the spider. All the while she was still zoning. It's just so strange!

Although my favorite time was when she was throwing one of her dramatic tantrums. I just stopped dealing with her and then started singing 'The Wheels on the Bus'. During her sniffles and sobs she began rolling her arms in a circle like the wheels of the bus. It was if she were 2 different people. The fussy side just wanted to continue throwing her tantrum, but the part of her that needs to show us her movement skills couldn't keep her hands from rolling those wheels on the bus. Such torment!!! Yet such delight for mamma.

Oh I'm going to miss these years as she gets older.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home