Bambling On and On and On...

15 June, 2012

Splinters and a 4 year old

I'm sure there are going to be future days that trump this one, but in the short time Claire has been in our lives, this one will most definitely be remembered.

The other day I noticed that Claire managed to get a splinter on her finger, right below the cuticle. You know the distance between your cuticle and knuckle? That's exactly where hers went, running parallel to her finger. And the best part was that the entire splinter was UNDER THE SKIN! No easy access. Since Claire ran from me the second I discovered this treasure, I knew that the delicate procedure was best left for the biologist, or so I thought.

Once daddy got home I showed him the splinter and immediately Claire started crying. Not a simple boo-hoo cry, but a red-faced flood of tears crying. Then once Casey started the removal process, we heard a scream from this child that shattered not only our windows, but those of our neighbors as well. But wait, it only gets better. Adding to the excitement, in less than a minute of this surgical procedure, Claire managed to work herself into such a tizzy, she vomitted up her dinner. I kid you not. All because of one splinter.

Once that mess was cleaned up we went back to trying to remove the splinter. After another couple of minutes I just told him to stop. I felt that we weren't getting anywhere and she just could not sit still. Besides that, her screams were deafening, and yet each time she released one we both had to stifle a laugh. Maybe it's because we were both going deaf in the process, but the blood-curdling screams were so ridiculously awesome it made us enjoy this horrific process.

Now she's walking around with a band-aid on the finger that we have to bribe to check each day. Love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home