Bambling On and On and On...

28 May, 2008

More Morning Fun

As I writhe in agony on the couch downstairs, I realize that Ollie hasn't left the couch upstairs. It's now 7:30am -- well past his usual 5:15am wake up call. At around 8am, when I enter the bedroom to talk w/ hubby, Ollie comes hobbling towards us. Yes, hobbling. Our poor dog is walking with a limp.

Now I'm all concerned. So at first I rubbed out his leg thinking it had fallen asleep, but after about 10 minutes of us coaxing him to walk and me messaging it, I realize that he definitely has an issue. I convince hubby that we need to take Ollie to the vet because I won't be able to relax unless I know my pup is ok.

We arrive at the vet location closest to us. There's a power outage. When I told the nurse that I'm in early labor, they immediately called the other vet location to let them know we were on our way. YES! Awesomeness. So off we go to location number 2.

Turns out Ollie sprained his front left pinky toe. I know, right? How the heck would that happen?!?! So now our pup is on anti-inflammatory meds and is resting peacefully on our bed.

Good thing it happened this morning when I could very well be in labor. Oh... speaking of which, my doula believes that I am in early stages of labor. And let me tell you that these lower-back contractions are totally not fun. Especially when they shoot down your leg and you're trying to go to the bathroom and can't because there's too much pain happening. ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home