Bambling On and On and On...

24 May, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Today marks the 5th year of my marriage. Some would say "Wow! That's a long time." We say "Damn, on top of the other 7 years of life together, this is by far the longest commitment we've both have ever made!!!"

Our way of celebrating our anniversary is by taking the traditional approach. That is, we look up what the traditional gift exchange would be for that year of marriage and see what we can come up with. For year 5, the traditional gift is wood.

Mmmmm-hmmm.. I can hear the jokes now. Trust me, we've been through them all. Get it out of your system. Go ahead. *strums fingers on table* Okey-dokey...

This year was fun for me because I knew what I was going to get him after receiving an advert from a shop located out in New Mexico called Goodly Woods. We actually came across this artist at the Renaissance Festival last year. I instantly fell in love with the artists work because it truly blew my mind. Every piece is hand-crafted by him, which makes it unique and all pieces are functional (not just something pretty to put on display). I figured since hubby isn't all too thrilled with my Disney mug collection, he can now put one of those mugs away and replace it with this uber-super-duper-cool wood mug. Which he promptly did.

And as for his gift to me... a woodpecker house! It's actually pretty cool. Aside from it being a "wood"pecker house, the house itself is all wood that has an opening on the side so you can check in on the family (i.e. babies). Apparently it's OK to peep in on the woodpeckers eggs/babies, so long as you don't touch them. Can easily do! We already have quite a few woodpeckers visiting our yard too, so I'm hoping one of them will take to having their babies in the little house.

Then to top off the day, we had a late lunch at Clyde's and now plan on spending the rest of the evening playing World of Warcraft.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home