Bambling On and On and On...

18 April, 2008

T-minus 7 weeks...

Ok.. now I'm starting to really get uncomfortable. I've complained a lot during this pregnancy because I'm really not one for physical change that is outside of my realm of fitness. And now... well... my belly is expanding faster every day and baby-girl is HEAVY!!

In case you haven't seen a picture of me, most of my weight -- about 95% of it -- is in my belly. I use it to navigate me around the bed when I flip from side to side being that it practically does have a life of its own. Sitting provides its own challenges too. First, the actual position of sitting. I can't just sit with my legs together. No. My belly and thighs have a war going on so now I'm either sitting with my legs apart or 'Indian' style, with my back slightly bent forward so I can breath. Oh yeah, so apparently my lungs are beginning to collapse to make more room for baby-girl. As is my bladder. Having to urinate every 15-30 minutes is a joy and it's not like a "Hmmm.. funny that. I feel a need to go again." It's more of a "Holy s***! Gonna pop a squat. MOVE IT!" as I waddle as fast as I can down the hall.

And now spring is coming. I LOVE LOVE LOVE warm weather. Short sleeve shirts, cute skirts, tanning outside in my bikini. Trouble is I can't fit into my short sleeve shirts. They all seem to have shrunk. bah! And I can't sit out in my bikini because I'm told that's not so good for the baby (although I'm still outside, just moving around and keeping my belly covered). Right, so shirts. This is an issue being that it's getting warm and I'm sweating and so desperately want to feel the sun and stay cool.

Normally I'd order clothes from Old Navy, but discovered I need to try on their stuff first b/c the shirts never seem to be long enough!! The closest maternity Old Navy is about a 20 minute drive from my place and being I just had a hard day from work I needed something NOW.. so I decided to try Target (I'd go to the mall, but I seriously need to be in the mood to spend time in that place). Anyway, no luck at Target and I left somewhat dejected. I say somewhat because oddly enough I still fit into the Jr./Women's (non-maternity) 'small' skirts. That made me feel a bit better.

So it looks like I'm off to Old Navy on Saturday. Joy. Until then, I'll fuss and moan and try to keep mobile so the breeze will keep me cool. I know, I could just sit in an air conditioned building, but that won't work for me. I'm a spring/summer child... the sun's out and it calls my name and I listen. Hello sun!! I'm-a comin' *waddle* *waddle* *waddle*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home