Bambling On and On and On...

09 July, 2006

Character Building

It's the best way to describe yesterday's events:

  • 5am: woke up with a paranoid jolt from some crazy-butted dream that eludes me. it's a feeling i haven't had in a LONG time. go back to bed put-out.
  • 7am: woke up with a 'holy cripes!' jolt. this time thinking i slept way past my alarm, when in reality i slept in for about a minute.
  • 9:15 - 9:35am: ended up lost in Rockville looking for 'Details Details Details'. in the process took about 4 u-turns and got cut-off by 3 SUV's. my need for a bathroom also starts to intensify.
  • 12:40p: ended up stepping in dog dung at the dog park.
  • 1:50p: decided to take a run. halfway through, oblivious to all life, something landed on my lip. I swatted at it, felt pain and pulled out a stinger. F*K! Commence swelling.
  • 1:55 - 4:30p: couldn't smile or move my lips much. thought a lot about my abilities as a ventriloquist.
  • 6p: having full mobile range of my lips, decided to call for take-out:
    Me: "I'd like to get a gyro with a greek salad."
    Her: "Anything else."
    Me: {thinks}..."ooo yeah... May I get some garlic bread with the salad?"
    Her: "You want garlic bread instead of the gyro?"
    Me: "No. I'd like the gyro and salad, but was wondering if I could get garlic bread too."
    Her: {pause} ... "Garlic bread comes with small salads."
    Me: "Ok.. well could I just get a piece of bread with my order"
    Her: "I don't understand"
    Me: "Hmmm.. I just ordered a gyro with a greek salad. I'd like both items. In addition to these, I wanted to know if i could get a piece of garlic bread with my salad."
    Her: "And also have the gyro with the salad?"
    Me: "Yes."
    Her: {pause} ... "No. The bread doesn't come with it. You can order some for $3.50."
    Me: "Nevermind. " {internally i'm screaming like a banshee!}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home