Bambling On and On and On...

22 June, 2006

Verklempt

She's back. Just when I thought all was lost.. on October 13, her face will be all over the MCI Center. Oh I'm so conflicted. Do I pay my mortgage? Or should I spend the $725 + $67 (fee) to see Barbara Streisand perform.

You heard correctly. For a mere $800, you can see Barbara up close. Sure there are cheaper tickets, but this could be her final performance. Her FINAL. PERFORMANCE. Oh, those past "final performances" were just a warm-up for something bigger, better and more expensive than ever before. Oh yes, this... this, my friends... this time it's FINAL.

I tremble at the thought that I might possibly miss the moment where she sweats her last bead o' sweat in front of a live audience. I have a test tube with her name on it just waiting for that drop. My mortgage company is sure to understand. It's BARBARA STREISAND.

I heard that il Divo will be touring with her. Bah, as if they'll have a chance to sing. Barbara has so many songs and so little time to reconnect with her fans. il Divo, if you're listening, you might want to leave a CD at the door.

*sigh*

Thinking about Ms. Streisands tour, one word keeps popping into my mind:

RETIREMENT

Seriously, Barbara, think about it. (and I do hope that money is going towards charity.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home