Bambling On and On and On...

14 April, 2006

New Music

In a previous post I mentioned that I'm craving new music. My poor iPod has seen the same artists time and again, and my ears tune-out the tunes. Because the whole music shopping process is overwhelming, I'd curl up and nap instead. Actually, I would click my red converse 3 times and wish that my iPod will magically update itself. (it's Apple -- they ARE magic!) Ok. So the magic hasn't happened yet, which is fine because I have finally taken initiative. Every few days I devote about 30 minutes to finding new music. And after several frustrating days, I finally came across 2 gems: About and The Valentines (courtesy of 3Hive). Maybe it's because i'm a child of the 80's, but their synth sound totally appeals to me.

According to their site, The Valentines are in the midst of putting together their first full length album. As for About, I'm totally digging several songs from their label Cock Rock Disco. The name alone sold me. About goes from sounding rough to tight and jerky. Either way I find myself doing the robot or and dancing like Molly Ringwald in "Breakfast Club". LOVIN' IT.

Another band that I was recently introduced to (thank you April) is The Spinto Band. So far, my favourite song is 'Crack the Whip,' which gave me the urge to dance throughout my office building while wearing a totally cheesey grin, high-fiving everyone and shooting my 'finger guns' with a wink.

The only downside to this new obsession is that I appear to be falling in love with bands who primarily tour in Europe. Looks like I'll have to plan several trips abroad. I can't help it if they all tour at different times.

2 Comments:

  • I think About might head to USA later in the year!
    Thanks for the CRD Luv!
    Jason Forrest

    ps- free mp3's: www.cockrockdisco.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/27/2006 6:21 AM  

  • I will be so jacked if they come to the USA. If you hear anything more, let me know. I'll definitely keep my ears and eyes open.

    Thanks!

    By Blogger Christine, at 4/27/2006 7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home