Bambling On and On and On...

05 May, 2006

They Found Me.

Those awful little buggahs --- pollen. For as long as I can remember, I have been pretty lucky when it came to allergy season. As my friends and family suffered, I went on with my day as usual. I guess the pollen spirits felt I was missing out on something. Yay me.

Itchy nose. Itchy eyes. Foggy head. The little moisture that was found on my eyes have now turned to finely-grained sand. I want to keep my eyes pried open to avoid the uncomfortable scraping that accompanies every blink.

The fun all started 2 weeks ago and up until yesterday I could ignore the symptoms. I'm a firm believer in ignoring symptoms -- for example, sore throats -- because then the symptom doesn't exist and within a few days it really doesn't!! This philosophy has worked for me in the past, but not this time. Perhaps it's because I'm tired and my defenses aren't as strong. Or maybe the pollen are pulling their troupes together to really give me a final *THWUMP* before the season ends. Either way, I'm fussy, fed-up and tired.

For those of you who put up with this ridiculousness every year, I now can empathize. What a shoddy way of spending one of the best seasons of the year. Nature is waking up, the days are warmer, there is always a slight breeze, the flora smells phenomenal and the colors of the trees and flowers are vibrant. The change also makes us humans a bit more hospitable towards one another... yet, something doesn't seem right. Everything is almost too perfect. Oh, yes, of course... *BAM* pollen decides to move in muck it all up. Damn you pollen. DAMN. YOU. *grrrr*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home