Bambling On and On and On...

27 March, 2006

Book promotion

"Travelling with an Eggplant" by Alycia Ripley.

I absolutely adored this book. It was a fun read. Everything flowed smoothly and the writing was sharp--such that I was able to vividly see the story play out in my mind. Getting lost in the characters, and the colors, and feeling the emotions was a ride I haven't taken in a long time. I honestly don't remember the last time I was so absorbed in a book. Maybe it's because I saw a part of myself in the main character, which made me think--and am still lost in thought. (I want to sort out those thoughts before extrapolating on them here).

On a lighter note, it was exciting to read about the characters' visit to Port Jefferson (20 minutes from my hometown) and Rocky Point (my hometown). I would like to state for the record that Rocky Point was only mentioned for its train station. A station that has ceased to exist 40+ years ago. The bar/restaurant that now takes its place is pretty cool though.

If you're looking for something different, I highly recommend giving "Travelling with an Eggplant" a read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home