Bambling On and On and On...

12 July, 2008

More Than Just a Walk

We did it! Claire and I finally did something more than just take our daily walks. We ventured out into the public. I know.. and not even at 6 weeks of age! She was well protected so that strange hands wouldn't find a way to touch her.

Our first outing took us to a friends house (who has 2 kids of her own). Claire was a bit off since it was her nap time and she was all confused as to why she had to nap in the car seat. About 45 minutes before we had to leave she started to wake up and was happy enough to have my friend cuddle her. Claire LOVED that. I thought she would scream, but no. She just stared dumb-struck into my friends eyes. Very cute.

Afterwards we went to pick up Ollie from camp and the owner was so ecstatic that she got to meet Claire. Of course Ollie was all "I'm right here. Remember me. I'm CUTER!!" One of the handlers absolutely adores Ollie so she made sure that he knew he was definitely cuter.

The one comment I did hear at each stop was "OMG! She looks just like Casey." Yes, I know. I do hope she gets some of my looks somewhere and not inherit the neurotic mess that I've become. *fingers crossed*

Then yesterday, we had the very big outing: errands. I have to say, my baby did a great job. We were out for about 2 hours, always after a feeding and she just slept. I did get the squeals of discomfort when I stopped pushing the carriage or if the sun got into her eyes, but other than that she was fabulous. Let's hope that this trend continues.

It also amazes me how once you have a kid you suddenly are included into this "I have kids too" club. I must have talked with a dozen people yesterday who either told me about their newborns, or their relatives' newborn, or their sister's friends' 3rd cousin twice removed baby. Also, when you have a baby it's incredible how cash registers suddenly open up. This happened twice where the cashier saved me from having to spend more time in a queue that appeared to be moving at a snails pace. I know it won't last as she gets older, but for now I'll take it. Beats being behind those two coupon-wielding people who have 50 coupons and have to argue over each one as they are scanned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home