Bambling On and On and On...

18 March, 2007

Double-Click Right-Click neq Mac

I'm watching 'Office Space' and there is one part about the movie that is extremely irritating. Wait, just thought of one more, so 2 -- there are 2 parts about the movie that irritate me.

Obviously that office used Macs. So why is it that everytime the camera shows one of the characters clicking the mouse, they DOUBLE-CLICK RIGHT-CLICK!?! To make matters worse, there is a scene done in slow-motion (where the 3 office-mates are working to install a virus) and we're forced to watch Michael double-click right-click ... on a 2-click wheel mouse ... while using a Mac. Oh, I'm feeling light-headed. Must. get. water.

The other vexing part happens at the beginning of the movie and is also Mac related. Peter is trying to leave work a few minutes early to avoid his skevvy boss. He's double-clicking to close his windows *gasp* and after the computer successfully shuts down he's taken to a DOS prompt. That poor Mac had been violated on so many levels.

*wipes tear from eye*

I need to lie down now.

Update: I need to proof my work. I totally meant right-click, not double-click. DOH!

2 Comments:

  • Wait. Don't you mean, "right-click"? I double-click all the time on our macs, like every time I need to open a folder from the icon on the deskop.

    By Blogger Casey, at 3/27/2007 7:38 PM  

  • you can right-click with the Mighty Mouse, but they obviously didn't have it when they made the film. BTW, if you don't have one, they are pretty nice.

    By Blogger Justin Codd, at 3/30/2007 4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home