Bambling On and On and On...

01 July, 2007

Dancing the Night Away

It's no secret that I'm a nutcase when it comes to exercising, as much as Casey is crazy about sitting. To get him to be more active (because, let's face it ... the only way I could be still if I were knocked unconscious) was to purchase 'Dance Dance Revolution' for our PS2.

This game is awesome. Unfortunately we need a solid surface for the dance pad, so we're either going to purchase the high-end one, or buy a wooden board. Reason is that the pad itself is less responsive due to the un-eveness of our carpet.

Aside from that, this game seriously rocks. We're going to have to get 2 mats so we can duel. And boy, are we learning how to move our feet. The concept of balance and feet-eye coordination has taken on a whole new meaning when we're forced to follow the arrows on a screen.

So watch out friends. Guess what we'll be playing next time you're over.

2 Comments:

  • Sooo jealous!!! I've always wanted to buy this game!! Half for exercise purposes and half for...well jumping around like a loon purposes!! Have you ever seen the competitions! They are un-real. I'm sure they're on youtube. The doubles teams are the best, they'll do crazy flips over each other and somehow land perfectly in time. I fully expect to see you and Casey with a routine together at the next national competitions. (needless to say there must be some flashy matching costumes :) )

    By Blogger Lisa, at 7/03/2007 2:44 PM  

  • I am seriously addicted to this game. It's been only 2 days and already I'm having dreams about how I can improve. So far, I've managed to move up to the 'Basic' level (beginner is the lowest level) and it has me challenged.

    As for looking like a loon -- yeah, we TOTALLY do. I'm thinking of taking video so everyone can see how idiotic we look.

    By Blogger Christine, at 7/03/2007 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home