Bambling On and On and On...

28 May, 2007

Crazy Competitions

I decided to visit Fark since it's been a while, and the first link was about the annual Cheese Rolling competition in Gloucestershire England. This is hilarious. The event draws huge crowds every year where both men and women wait to get their turn to chase a 7-8lb wheel of cheese down a hill. You'd think "Simple". I know I did, until I learned that the weather isn't a typical May day of sun and hot temps. Last year they had a mixture of hail, rain and sun, but the competitors forged on in hopes of winning a wheel of cheese. CHEESE!! I love this.

After reading a few artcles, I began to remember reading about other competitions that are held in the UK. Here are some of my personal favourites:

Now I'm going to have to do some research to see if we have anything like that here in the U.S. I have a strong suspicion the answer is "No". And that would probably have something to do with safety, health insurance and the number of lawsuits that would come out of it. *sniff* So sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home