Bambling On and On and On...

18 June, 2007

Back in Athens

We're nearing the end of our vacation. It's been... an adventure. Mostly due to the long list of issues that seem to be b*tch-slapping Casey in the face. I believe it all has to do with a karmic imbalance. Yet, rather than waiting for us to return to the states, Karma decided that the imperfection in the universe would best be rectified during our long-awaited holiday. I can't argue with Karma and I'm not going too. It just made the days in Santorini and Rhodes extremely tense.

Rhodes itself was nothing more than an urbanized island. If we knew more about the islands before this trip, I would have loved to have stayed in Santorini longer and not have travelled to Rhodes. What I did love about Rhodes was that everything was much cheaper -- especially after paying exhorbanant prices in Mykonis and Santorini. My 3€ cocktail was much appreciated.

As for right now... we quickly discovered that our hotels' air conditioning unit is busted and "...it should be fixed in a few hours." Rather than sweating it out in our room, we took to the streets to find some A/C. Our first stop, a cute little cafe that sold cappucino freddo decaffeine. Mmmmmmm... sold!! A cappuccino and several sudoku games later, we bee-lined it to the internet cafe. Not only was our quest for AC ver-ver important, but it's keeping Casey out of the sun. I, on the otherhand, am beginning to go nuts b/c I need to move.. MOVE... M.O.V.E!!

Something else I'm looking forward to doing is exercising when I get home. I might just create my own town marathon with all of the energy I have stored up inside of me.

Overall, I absolutely love Greece and would come back. It's hot outside, sunny, beaches as far as the eye can see, I'm TAN (ahhhhh!!! the sicilian/italian in me is so so happy) and I'm surrounded by a wide variety of europeans. In the Rhodes airport I was all proud of myself for understanding a bulk of conversation had by a group of Italians who where waiting for their plane back home.

Oh yes, and swimming. I'm still a bit of a freak out on the beach, but I'm getting the hang of swimming outside of a pool. Casey was laughing at me when I was enjoying the waves (very minor waves) on one of the Santorini beaches. It also helps when the water you're swimming in is mostly salt and the possibility of sinking is next to none.

Alright, enough blogging. I'm going to see if I can drag vampire man out into the sun for some walking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home