Bambling On and On and On...

22 June, 2007

End of a Sci-fi Era

Tonight the final episode.. ever... of SG-1 airs on Sci-fi.

I'M. SO. SAD.

For 10 years Casey and I have been following the most awesome adventures of the SG-1 team as they battled the Gua'uld, and most recently the Ori. Granted, their fight against the Ori isn't as exciting, but they managed to keep me interested with Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell (hummina-hummina).

I have to admit, I fell in love with the SG-1 story before it was a series. Yes, I remember seeing Stargate in the theatre back in 1994. Traveling between galaxies, ancient Gods (Ra), and James Spader as Daniel Jackson. I was hooked. And once the SG-1 series got off of the ground, I was still captivated by the storylines, but also fell in love with Teal'c (Christopher Judge). That character rocks! And speaking of rocks -- Christopher Judge is a rock. That man's muscle mass is.. massive. Holy Frick!

Although the series is ending, the story isn't. Right now, the cast and crew is filming 2 follow-up movies that will wrap up all loose ends. That's right. Tonight episode isn't Il Fine because we'll still be left hanging, waiting for the first movie to be released. YAY!!!

Currently I'm watching the fans' favourite episode of all time. SciFi.com had a poll to find out which episode is most loved by its fans. As I predicted Window of Opportunity won. It's when Teal'c and O'Neill are caught in a time-loop. Hilarious.

SG-1, thanks for making my Friday nights and giving me those breaks when I was in school. You're going to be missed by many of us and not forgotten. See you in the movies!!

This post brought to you by Geek-Grl.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home