Bambling On and On and On...

25 December, 2006

Christmas Surprise

The other day I told Casey that this Christmas would hold no surprises since I knew what everyone was getting me (thanks to my Amazon Wish List). I stand corrected.

Mom and Casey actually talked about my surprise gift over Thanksgiving weekend. This afternoon I open a box to find a ... *drum roll* ... SEWING MACHINE. And not any sewing machine, but a computerized sewing machine. One that will help me take the guess work out of stitching and keep me on track.

Just so you know how appreciative I was of that surprise, mom captured my dance in picture form:

christmas surprise

4 Comments:

  • that is such a hilarious picture! you look like one of those kids on that BMW holiday commercial. What brand of sewing machine is it? It sounds like one that my aunt bought.

    By Blogger Justin Codd, at 12/26/2006 9:54 AM  

  • p.s. I still have my older blog up. the new one is just for essays. the latest entry on my older blog, mindofvinyl, is pretty funny about a gift i received for christmas.

    By Blogger Justin Codd, at 12/26/2006 10:00 AM  

  • Just read about your Xmas gift. Kick-ass. As for the sewing machine, it's by Brothers. Can't wait to bust it out and start making those curtains.

    By Blogger Christine, at 12/27/2006 5:22 PM  

  • no way does my rabbi stole kick your sewing machine's ass. Enjoyment of my stole will end once someone calls me out on my bluff. But, until then, I'm enjoying wearing it out in public and watching people stare at it uncomfortably in bars.

    You're sewing machine is a gift that will keep giving. Plus it's like rock-paper-scissors: Rabbi Stole makes Fun, Sewing Machine makes Rabbi Stole, and Rock breaks Sewing Machine. A few non-sequiturs in there, I know, but you get the point.

    By Blogger Justin Codd, at 12/28/2006 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home